OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 14, 2021 4:29 pm  #2

Re: "The Bachelor" Announces He Is Gay

Fucking hell is all I can say 

Elle

KIA KAHA                       

April 14, 2021 5:15 pm  #3

Gosh, he would have set off my gaydar if I ever watched that Bachelor show! (Dead fish eyes around batchelorettes while smiling in the video.)

I’m sorry to his former g-friend for what he did? That’s it? What about jail?

My late GIDXH was paunchy but had a football player’s build and strength. You know what happened to me. They know what to use to keep in themselves in that closet.

Coming out not only absolves all sins, it fast tracks you into celebrity heaven.  Thanks for posting this, Leslie77.

No - It's not too late. It's not hopeless. Even there, there's something I can do. I just have to find the will. Ikiru (1952), film directed by Akira Kurosawa 

April 14, 2021 5:46 pm  #4

He says he knew in High School that he was gay.  He went on the show hoping it would make him straight.  In doing so, he deceived not only himself, not only the women competing for his time, not only the producers of the show, but also the millions of people who watch the show.

WTF?!  Only a total narcissist would behave this way.

April 14, 2021 6:30 pm  #5

Indeed, I also read that his ex-gf had to get a restraining order. Something about a tracking device on her car. Sounds like a manipulative jerk now trying to improve his public image for the next on-screen gig. He doesn't deserve the kudos.

To be honest, I despise this show and the "other" one and anything else similar to them that's out there. In my opinion, personal relationships are not game show competitions for voyeurs to watch.

Last edited by Daryl (April 14, 2021 6:36 pm)

“The future is unwritten.”
― Joe Strummer

April 14, 2021 6:40 pm  #6

yeah really, narcissistic - what a tosser, I don't believe a word he says about not knowing he was gay all along - he sounds like all the gay husbands minimising their deception - using the support of the gay community to further his career as a public person.  yuck.

Last edited by lily (April 14, 2021 6:41 pm)

April 15, 2021 2:27 pm  #7

I get that it is hard to live your truth when you are gay and want to fit in.  As a football player, this guy likely had little chance to be accepted for who he actually is as a younger man.  However, this guy took all of that beyond the next level by appearing as The Bachelor in a show where women compete to date him.  How on earth did he expect that it would straighten him out, so to speak?

The fawning over him now is kinda gross.  He should not be celebrated for his deceitful inauthentic behavior up to this point.

April 15, 2021 4:48 pm  #8

Ugh. It's hard to watch the world celebrate him. It sure seems like this coming out was perfectly timed and orchestrated as he has a new documentary series coming soon on Netflix. He gave a brief apology during his GMA appearance, but I doubt that he or many of his adoring fans have given much thought to the straight women he's harmed. Boo.
I also read this morning that his most recent ex (from the show) was NOT given a head's up that this announcement was coming. No idea if she knew or had suspicions about his orientation, but I think it's incredibly unfair that he didn't have the decency to warn her.

Last edited by EmpathyStarved (April 15, 2021 4:57 pm)

April 15, 2021 7:59 pm  #9

Who really knows whether or not he treated his unsuspecting straight partners decently.  Were they even unsuspecting?  I don’t know.  However, based on my own experience in a marriage to a narcissist-gay-in-denial jerk, and based on the countless stories I have learned about since my own marriage dissolved, my impression is that this guy is yet another narcissist-gay-in-denial jerk.  How else can you explain him going on The Bachelor?

Obviously, lgbtq people deserve respect and empathy as people.  However, a person’s status as an lgbtq person does not entitle them to any special consideration beyond what any human deserves.  When a person is deceitful - even if it is because they are scared to express their true lgbtq selves - they are not absolved of their deceitful and hurtful behavior.

April 15, 2021 9:52 pm  #10

Total disgust.  My personal experience being deceived in a LTR was over 8 years ago and I felt faint when I read this latest "celebration."  All these people disgust me because THEY ARE LIARS WHO LIE TO MULTIPLE PEOPLE OVER PERIODS OF YEARS.  I haven't dated or wanted to date since and I will not take a chance on going through that again, as obviously my judgment is lacking due to being bamboozled.

Any gay people reading this, stick with your own and leave us alone.  In my case, you've caused permanent damage.

Last edited by LastingEffect (April 15, 2021 9:53 pm)

Board footera