OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 9, 2021 7:52 pm  #31

Re: It just gets more difficult and confusing

Blue Bear wrote:

Any couple’s therapist who allows a straight woman to get dragged back into the closet by her transwoman-loving husband who wants to “suck cock” should issue a refund.

Dude... Seriously... Right??

April 9, 2021 7:57 pm  #32

Julian_Stone wrote:

That sounds really awful, but I'm happy to see you are making your needs a priority and taking a step back from what is really your husband's "stuff."

It's OK to go at the pace that feels right to you...It's also OK to draw a line in the sand. What you are going through....marriage should never be this complicated or painful. I also used meditation to calm the "fight-or-flight" response. Michael Sealey's soothing voice (and lovely Australian accent!)  helped me fall asleep. I recommend meditation to anyone who needs a little help quieting their mind.

I'll give Michael Sealey a try, thanks!

April 15, 2021 10:36 pm  #33

Blue Bear wrote:

Be careful at counseling.  My ex-wife and I tried couple's counseling, which became her opportunity to try to justify her bad behavior through pointing out her trivial complaints about me.  If I were to do this again (God forbid), I would not attend couple's counseling.  I already knew what I needed to know about my ex-wife.  She is adulterous, attracted to women and capable of profound, mindfucking deception.  I didn't really need a counselor to tell me why I needed to leave.

when I caught my husband hooking up with a man off craigslist, he acquiesced to couple's counseling. 
1) the counselor said the issue could be resolved with the forgiveness of cheating - like his sexual preference and the deceit in marrying me was irrelevant. 
2) the counselor then said we should just do one on one counseling and he never went on his own.

Board footera