OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 13, 2021 2:22 pm  #1

Just a Thank You

I just wanted to post a thank you to this whole forum. I am grateful to all of you strong (yes, you are mighty!!) souls who have been brave enough to post here. Remember how scared and desparate you were the first time you posted?? You baring your soul and sharing your devastating, traumatic, intimate stories has given me and countless others who haven't posted here hope and courage and more strength. I don't know if I would have been couragous enough to have uncovered the lies and truths in my marriage and confront my STBX, especially during an isolating pandemic. We are now divorcing and there are a lot more truths between us than there used to be. Although I am fully aware that there still may be more lies that I will never know about, I know all I need to know to determine that I deserve better.  I say the following to embolden and validate what you have been through, to give it a positive meaning. The dark valleys that you have survived is helping others traverse their dark valleys.  You all are now "therapists." Thank you for lifting me up when I couldn't even get out of bed.

Having said that, I will now get out of bed. 😄

You rock!

February 13, 2021 2:33 pm  #2

Re: Just a Thank You

Glad you’re finding your way, and that those here could help you. I’ve learned a lot, too, and hope to pass it on as I go. 

All the best to you as you move on to your new life!

((((HUGS))))

Susanne

Board footera