OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 19, 2021 2:33 pm  #21

Re: Update

OutofHisCloset wrote:

Susanne H,
 Do these people not understand the definition of "monogamy"?  An "open marriage" by definition is not monogamy.  Maybe it meets the "letter of the law" definition (two people in a marriage, as opposed to polygamy, which encompasses polyandry and polygyny) but fails to meet the requirements of "the spirit of the law" (two people who are married to each other and faithful sexually to one another).

Like "poly-amory," it's just another way to try to redefine marriage away from monogamy.   

I think they were smart enough to know the definition. I just think the first one (who probably had an open marriage herself, and so thought it was a good idea) was pandering to what my husband had said earlier on. She totally went against what I had said I would stand in a marriage. 

PS: You didn't have "an open marriage."  You had a cheating husband.   

SO TRUE... sadly. 

Board footera