OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 11, 2021 8:48 pm  #11

Re: Advice for young person?

I can’t figure out how to do this quote feature yet (aren’t millennials supposed to be good at this stuff lol)

But TTSP- that sounds so familiar about your husband going out of his way to get attention/validation. My husband was that way with a lot of things. He has a “salesman” personality and he is very good at sales I’ll give him that....but constantly had to be the funniest guy in the room, or doing the craziest thing , just wanted everyone to love him

Makes me wonder if he needs all that praise because he’s so unhappy with himself deep down and now I know why

February 13, 2021 2:11 pm  #12

Re: Advice for young person?

[url=profile.php?id=3361]MillennialMess[/url]:  Funny that you mention that your husband has bo be the funnies guy in the room or doing the craziest thing.  My lesbian ex-wife is that way, too.  She had to be throwing the biggest party, the best at this or that, ugh.  I could go on.

I think these in-denial partners are often profoundly insecure people.  They married straight people because they were insecure about their true sexual identities, and it's unsurprising to see that insecurity manifest itself in other behaviors.

You asked for advice, so I'll give it to you.  GET OUT.  The path to a happy life does not run through a deceptive, insecure person who is not attracted to you.  Almost any path is better than that.

Board footera