OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 7, 2022 7:10 pm  #41

Re: Where are we all from anyhow?

I live in the New England area of the US. A few hrs drive to Canada. I frequently wish my great grandparents had never left Canada to be honest.

July 7, 2022 7:38 pm  #42

I've found it difficult to make contact with any other straightspouses in this forum let alone find others in New Zealand to meet face to face (or even online!). 
It's a hesitancy we all must feel, stepping out of our safe spaces, into the light.... with our individual stories that for the most part we get to only share on here....

KIA KAHA                       

July 8, 2022 7:44 am  #43

Reading the different stories gave me courage. I was not alone.

August 13, 2022 12:22 am  #44

Midwest here as well.  Outside of one other post here I literally have not talked to anyone about my situatuon at all except my wife.  So an upper midwest gathering or event would be appealing.

July 10, 2023 12:52 pm  #45

I have been hoping for in-person meetings in Orlando for nearly 3 years now to no avail. I find it hard to believe there are no straight spouses/partners in Orlando...it's Orlando!  I will ask one more time.  Anyone meetings in Orlando?

July 10, 2023 4:40 pm  #46

MyExodus wrote:

I have been hoping for in-person meetings in Orlando for nearly 3 years now to no avail. I find it hard to believe there are no straight spouses/partners in Orlando...it's Orlando! I will ask one more time. Anyone meetings in Orlando?

How about changing your name to MyExodus-in-Orlando? 

Remarkably I was contacted, in-Forum, by another member who said she was in New Zealand. I couldn't believe it! We exchanged a personal message but I really think not many of us have the autonomy of our own story to believe that we won't somehow be left standing alone with the spotlight on us.

Elle

KIA KAHA                       

July 10, 2023 4:55 pm  #47

MyExodus wrote:

I have been hoping for in-person meetings in Orlando for nearly 3 years now to no avail. I find it hard to believe there are no straight spouses/partners in Orlando...it's Orlando! I will ask one more time. Anyone meetings in Orlando?

Have you tried sending a request at https://ourpath.org/personal-support/ 
A lot of groups went inactive when Covid hit and are now becoming active. 

July 15, 2023 10:09 am  #48

Yes, I have and there are no current meetings here. Hard to believe.

July 15, 2023 3:43 pm  #49

About ten years ago I think there was an annual get-together in Florida for straight spouses. I was a newbie then and did not look into going but I think it may have been in Orlando because there are lots of flights going there.  Sam, do you remember that?

Try Gardening. It'll keep you grounded.

July 16, 2023 7:19 pm  #50

Abby wrote:

Sam, do you remember that?

I do. It was in Treasure Island, near St Pete. People flew into Tampa. I went there many times. I don't know if it still happens. Last one I heard about was in 2013.

Board footera