OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 21, 2021 1:28 pm  #11

Re: "Excuse me sir... can you help me?"

I thought of divorce but it would be very painful for our kids, since we have  friends who went through divorce and actually  had the older kids attempted suicide . My husband came from conservative Catholic with no divorce in the family.  His family doesn’t know about this .

January 21, 2021 1:31 pm  #12

Maya wrote:

I thought of divorce but it would be very painful for our kids, since we have friends who went through divorce and actually had the older kids attempted suicide . My husband came from conservative Catholic with no divorce in the family. His family doesn’t know about this .

This is all new to you, so it isn’t something you have to figure out right away . Take time to get your head together, and to also figure out exactly what your husband is going to do or not...

Talk a lot! that’s important. Hopefully, he’ll be open to talking to you.

January 21, 2021 1:35 pm  #13

I thought of divorce but it would be very painful especially for our kids, since we have  friends who went through divorce and actually  had their older kids attempted suicide . My husband came from conservative Catholic with no divorce in the family.  His family doesn’t know about this . ...

January 21, 2021 1:54 pm  #14

Maya — As Susanne said, you don't have to make any big decisions today...but you should start building your support network. Many here have felt tremendous relief just talking to someone they trust. Someone else suggested journaling, which I think is a great idea.

Divorce is painful...but I am quite certain it pales in comparison to the pain of being cheated on and having your physical/mental health compromised by someone you love. Kids are tremendously resilient...I know I wouldn't want my own mother (or my daughter) to suffer through this kind of pain. Your happiness is important, too (for you & your children).

Board footera