OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 2, 2021 1:08 pm  #1

Happy New Year!

I want to wish you all a very Happy New Year! Thank you to all that have recently messaged me. I’ve been swamped with holiday things and I haven’t had time to respond, but I will in the next week or two. 

My husband and I are in a really good place still... honestly things are getting better each and every week. We have spent so much time together because of covid, and it’s been great for us, but we all want covid gone yesterday anyway. This may sound odd, but I feel awkward posting here much anymore because I feel I have survivors guilt. I feel incredibly sad for what many are going through on SSN... and I feel incredibly lucky... almost too lucky = survivors guilt. 

Hugs and love to all of you. 

Tangled 

January 2, 2021 2:59 pm  #2

Re: Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to you, too!

Glad y’all are still doing well. Things are pretty good here, too. Glad to see the nasty old year go! 

Wishing good things to happen for everyone here and everywhere this year. We all need it.

Here’s to positivity and good health 🤗.   

January 3, 2021 4:12 pm  #3

Re: Happy New Year!

Dear Tangled Oil,

I am so glad to read your post and you shouldn't feel survivor's guilt.  We are each on our own path.  It's an interesting and sometimes difficult journey.  Those of us who choose to stay are a minority and from my perspective, it might not be easy but it is worth it.  No matter what the final outcome, I am actually glad that I am going through this journey because I am learning so much about myself and him.  
As you know, we've had some very rough times.  We are reading an excellent book called: The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work by John Gottman.  It is excellent.  We are reading it out loud to each other.  This gives me hope......so, we'll see.....

Happy New Year!  May this year bring you continued growth and happiness!

Board footera