OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 7, 2020 7:52 am  #1

My perfect marriage until it wasn’t

This is my story.....

We met online. Our first official date and we went out to dinner with a group of friends. He walked in front of me as we left the restaurant and I knew then I found my future spouse. He’s a very caring, loving, and selfless individual. Anyone who has met him has nothing bad to say and his family and friends all love him. We fell madly in love and got engaged and married. We have been together for 16 years and married for 11 and no kids. We do not have a terrible marriage, in fact quite opposite I thought it was perfect as perfect could get. We do have our “spats” but it was nothing that we couldn't talk through or get over. He was always supportive of me as I was with him.

He said he “didn’t” know until he explored crossdressing these last two weeks and it felt “right” and not a phase. This time he was sure since he didn’t want to throw out all his clothes and wigs. He always had a “I’m not good enough” inner self hatred. I never knew why he would always tell me this since he always did everything for me. He suffered from anxiety and depression and even suicidal thoughts just the last year and all this I didn’t know the inner self struggle. He was very good at being the perfect husband on the outside, but hated himself in the inside. I always told him to “not be so hard on yourself” and to “love yourself”.

All of my perfect image of my true love and soulmate shattered when he called me a week ago since he’s out of town visiting his mom. One phone called changed my world. He said he couldn’t bare the thought of keeping this “secret” any longer and had to call to tell me he has been a cross dresser since 10. I was completely shocked and numb. Then after a painful conversation, I realize not only is he a cross dresser but wants to be a transgender female to maybe being a transgender bisexual.

I probably could deal with it if he told me he cheated on me, because then there would be a glimpse of hope he could come back. However with this news, there is no coming back. After 16 years together, my “husband” vanished and died. I’m sitting here wondering how to deal with letting go of my true love and soulmate.

UPDATE - 1/6/2021  I found out he is a cheater, a liar, and a theif. He is apparently a homosexual and now is transgender bi or whatever he needs to be. I don't believe anything has said. I was gullible because he was my spouse and best friend. I believed him and his hurt and tears. NOW God opened my eyes and he is NOT my soulmate. Soulmates don't do this to each other. I am disgusting by my association to him. I can't get divorced fast enough!

Last edited by LostAtSea (January 6, 2021 9:53 am)

Board footera