OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 29, 2020 12:24 pm  #1

The Addicted Mind

Perhaps someone has already posted this, but I just found it and am listening to it and it is so good!  And helpful...
So good to see this recognized!!  The shock and the rage.....

There are two parts.  And it felt like balm on my soul as it spoke to all the trauma so clearly!   Pt 2 is great....

https://theaddictedmind.com/episode-21-relational-betrayal-trauma-marnie-breecker/

Last edited by Leah (November 29, 2020 12:39 pm)

December 10, 2020 10:39 pm  #2

Re: The Addicted Mind

Thanks!  I hope people do listen!   -it speaks so clearly to the WTF-ness of what a straightspouse goes thru, the shattering of your reality, the existential crisis and life crisis that this betrayal trauma puts you thru.  It just felt so good to hear it all named and really explained.  Time does not heal all wounds.... there are things you can do and look at that help - this is one....

Board footera