OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 31, 2023 7:13 pm  #21

Re: Triggered

lily wrote:

... I'm wondering if they include a urinal?  I wouldn't object to unisex if there wasn't a urinal in there.  Perhaps they could do separate urinals.  Or get rid of them altogether.

Yes indeed I'd be totally against having some bloke in a dress pulling out his penis from under his skirt in MY women's toilet

As for whether they include a urinal... I'm not sure, I'll have to check in the other cubicles. The one I've used there has just been a cubicle with a toilet.
But when all is said and done Urinal = men. If they want to be women there SHOULD BE NO URINALS IN THERE

E

KIA KAHA                       

April 1, 2023 8:15 am  #22

A week of triggers... yep. I'm sorry, and you're doing great! 

My triggers this week:
I went to the DMV to change my address on my license.
I had to change my emergency contact to my oldest daughter.
I explained my situation to a woman I was on a first date with (she still wants to go out with me)
I read a book about BPD and what I've lived with for 20+ years
My ex asked if I was dating and encouraged me to (because she had a woman coming to the house I still own that night)
I had to write an email to an impossible customer
I told a friend of 30 yrs what has happened and they offered polite support to me AND her and said she'd pray for us. Thanks a f-ing lot.

I've had extreme anxiety and a full-blown panic attack this week. Good times.

April 1, 2023 12:59 pm  #23

HereInMpls2717 wrote:

I told a friend of 30 yrs what has happened and they offered polite support to me AND her and said she'd pray for us. Thanks a f-ing lot......

This just made me chuckle. You're looking for support and you and the lesbian get offered prayer.
But that's an easy decision to NOT go there again right?
As for changing your emergency contact that's a another step towards breaking away from the ALPHABET stranglehold. I felt very decisive and strong when I changed the executors of my Will from A. to my children but wow I've no doubt got other contact person's I have to change too. Thanks for reminding me!

I reckon you're doing great too ☺️

Elle

KIA KAHA                       

Board footera