OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 26, 2023 6:40 pm  #11

Re: Triggered

I'm not so much triggered as scared these days.  The sheer numbers of transgender in the next generation seems huge to me.

I don't suppose public restrooms could be divided into 4, could they?

March 26, 2023 8:02 pm  #12

lily wrote:

I'm not so much triggered as scared these days.  The sheer numbers of transgender in the next generation seems huge to me.

I don't suppose public restrooms could be divided into 4, could they?

There are unisex bathrooms/toilets in many places in Christchurch where I live. I'd rather use one of those than have a man with genitals who's dressed as a woman use the same Women's toilet as me

E

KIA KAHA                       

March 26, 2023 8:19 pm  #14

Well, I'm thinking that most of them can't reproduce...

Try Gardening. It'll keep you grounded.

March 26, 2023 10:08 pm  #15

Abby wrote:

Well, I'm thinking that most of them can't reproduce...

There is that Abby...true. I'm not sure about the hormonal 'needs' of a man who takes hormones. No erections, no male sexual expressions? I'm sure there are articles, studies been done...

I still don't want them in the women's spaces that have been, as a biological woman, mine and mine only.

E

KIA KAHA                       

March 27, 2023 12:19 am  #16

Abby, I think a lot of transgender people have a large family, 5 children or more, before deciding to transition.

March 27, 2023 2:57 pm  #17

Elle,
 And here's an updated "Welcome to New Zealand" tourist video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-tzXvqtjkY

March 28, 2023 5:55 pm  #18

OutofHisCloset wrote:

Elle,
 And here's an updated "Welcome to New Zealand" tourist video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-tzXvqtjkY

Yes...I feel conflicting emotions. All of them negative but mostly I'm ashamed of the Kiwis who thought this was okay

KIA KAHA                       

March 28, 2023 8:46 pm  #19

No worries.  You didn't do it!  As we say in my part of the world, "No te preocupes."  (Or, in Scotland, where some of my people are from: Dinna fash yourself.")  

March 31, 2023 6:44 pm  #20

Ellexoh_nz wrote:

There are unisex bathrooms/toilets in many places in Christchurch where I live. I'd rather use one of those than have a man with genitals who's dressed as a woman use the same Women's toilet as me

E

I'm wondering if they include a urinal?  I wouldn't object to unisex if there wasn't a urinal in there.  Perhaps they could do separate urinals.  Or get rid of them altogether.

Board footera