OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 21, 2020 8:54 pm  #1

Test

I'm new and want to be sure I'm not identifiable here. Is it safe to post?

November 21, 2020 9:10 pm  #2

Re: Test

As long as you don’t post anything that identifies you, you won’t be identifiable. I’m sorry you find yourself here and welcome. 

Last edited by TangledOil (November 21, 2020 9:11 pm)

November 21, 2020 9:12 pm  #3

Thank you. This is very hard

November 21, 2020 10:05 pm  #4

You’re welcome. It is very hard. I’m sorry. 

November 21, 2020 10:34 pm  #5

Str8dad

Warm welcome.  Kindest people here. I still post here because it was so helpful when I was going through this.

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

November 21, 2020 11:57 pm  #6

Sorry you find yourself here, but glad you've found this site/group.  I'm 6 months in and this forum/people have been tremendous.  Supportive, engaged, responsive.  Hope you can find some sanity and comfort here.

Last edited by blindone (November 21, 2020 11:58 pm)

November 22, 2020 1:00 am  #7

Str8dad wrote:

I'm new and want to be sure I'm not identifiable here. Is it safe to post?

Welcome Str8dad. When I first became a member here I learned that people value their privacy and
that everybody is different in what, and how much  they decide to offer in conversation.
As I've become stronger and more decisive about who's to blame for the way my life is now and less worried about who thinks they might know me...
(If there ÀRE any New Zealanders here they're very quiet)

You're wise to go slowly and carefully on a new site... Till you get the lay of the land

We all know how you feel

Elle

KIA KAHA                       

November 22, 2020 7:54 am  #8

Welcome str8dad. I'm just 4 months into this ordeal. It does get better. I am at a state of mind that I am OK. Things will be OK. And down the road, life will be good, if not great again. Focus on yourself,look at yourself in the mirror each morning and say I love you.( sounds crazy, but it worked for me). Hang in there, great people here with a wealth of knowledge.
Stevo

You can hurt me with the truth,but please don't love me with your lies.

November 22, 2020 11:40 am  #9

Welcome, str8dad. When I found out my husband had been having sex with men our entire relationship, I didn’t know where to turn & then i found this site. It’s been so helpful. He has said that if anyone ever found out (we live in conservative southern USA, in a small town), he’d have to move where no one knows him....so,  can tell you I feel totally safe posting here, knowing that no one knows who we are. 
Sorry you need to be here, but hope you find the help you need. There are a lot of good folks here with a world of experiences to share with you

((((HUGS)))) & it does get better!

Last edited by SusanneH (November 22, 2020 11:41 am)

November 24, 2020 10:37 am  #10

Only the people in this Forum can feel the tears running down my cheek as I type my first post here.  I have come a LONG way to get to the point of typing these words. Twenty-two years married to a man who has chosen to sleep on the couch since marriage, 17 years past year in conversion therapy (Exodus International anyone?), 4 and a half years past last sex, one year past hubby's last business trip and bringing home and passing to me Mono (STD? Most likely!) and 4 days past making my first appointment with a Divorce Attorney. Str8dad has been a great support to me and so have you all. Thank you all for posting your stories here. You have lightened my burden.

Board footera