OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 5, 2020 8:49 pm  #11

Re: Leaving me in the dust

"I've deleted the damn app that's connected to the home security system and won't put myself through that torture again."

Good plan - most people need distance and time to adjust to a new normal. By doing this you protect yourself. It's the same idea as dropping them on social media sites. You avoid having to see them gloss up how wonderful things are and/or remove the temptation to 'just check and see how they're doing'. Time to focus on yourself for a change.

“The future is unwritten.”
― Joe Strummer

October 6, 2020 10:41 am  #12

Re: Leaving me in the dust

EmpathyStarved,

Just want to wish you all the best in your new home. Enjoy putting it all together. I know what you mean about getting to do it like YOU want. It’s one of the things I’ve thought about when trying to decide to stay or go. I have never been on my own. Got married right out of high school & when my 1st husband passed away, it wasn’t long before my current husband & I were seeing each other (as friends....I wasn’t ready to date for awhile after losing my best friend of 32 yrs ). We were married within the year, so it’s interesting to me wondering what it’s like. I hope you find it to your liking.

Board footera