OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 28, 2020 10:54 am  #21

Re: What about consequences?

Thank you, Terracota,

I am tolerant generally about LGBT. However, I'm not tolerant with him. I am everything but tolerant because he took away my freedom of choice. He choose not to care about me, I currently choose not to care about any of his personal battles. How I wish I was more free, like you. I would cut ties. I would be long gone. I even feel this chapter would be erased from my history as it is so very wrong on so many levels... It is so very sad! 

September 28, 2020 11:35 am  #22

Re: What about consequences?

I totally understand how you feel. Your time is going to come, for you to feel free. It's inevitable. My therapist once asked me to write a letter to my ex, write down everything you feel without a filter. Don't send it or show it to them, just read it yourself a couple of times and then burn it
Actually it helps really, helps you to lift the burden a bit.

I am tolerant of the LGBT, they can choose whatever they like. I have had gay friends I don't have any problem. But I will never accept a M to F trans-person as a woman. No matter how many treatments they have, doesn't matter. It is against my scientific beliefs.
And at that point I was forced to play a long just because my ex was so fragile and the society is on their side because they are vulnerable. The society doesn't care about what the straight spouse feels. 
The moment I started honestly saying what I thought, he became so aggressive.

I am pretty sure you will find ways of freeing yourself. Even if it feels so tough, you will do it.

Board footera