OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 3, 2020 3:16 pm  #21

Re: Covid19/Coronavirus...how is everyone's situation?

COVID is taking a backseat to unhealthy air due to nearby wildfires. This started August 17th. Have not been outdoors much since. We had a clear day yesterday. I thought it was over for this year. Today we have smoky skies again.  Very disappointing!

My grief group is winding down. Have learned a lot about mourning & healing. I was (probably still am to a lesser degree) carrying pathological grief. I blamed myself for causing stress (divorce) which may have hastened his death. It wasn’t the case.  Using poppers & his poor lifestyle choices hastened it. It was his time to pass on. I feel hopeful for the future. Not so burdened by guilt.

Hope everyone is doing well!!

Last edited by MJM017 (September 3, 2020 4:00 pm)

No - It's not too late. It's not hopeless. Even there, there's something I can do. I just have to find the will. Ikiru (1952), film directed by Akira Kurosawa 

September 3, 2020 9:46 pm  #22

Re: Covid19/Coronavirus...how is everyone's situation?

Thanks. His death shortly after the divorce threw me for a loop & gave me more to deal with. More thrown on top of his cheating, dishonesty & abuse. I know of people who were abused by a parent as kids, decided to go no contact as adults to save their sanity & went into a very deep grief when the abusive parent died.

Staying indoors constantly keeping the windows closed is no fun. My eyes are burning & am feeling dizzy - all smoke related.  It’s causing me to ruminate more than usual.

Last edited by MJM017 (September 3, 2020 10:15 pm)

No - It's not too late. It's not hopeless. Even there, there's something I can do. I just have to find the will. Ikiru (1952), film directed by Akira Kurosawa 

Board footera