OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 14, 2020 3:20 pm  #11

Re: How do I make a choice?

Sex plays a miniscule....or an important part in a r'ship depending on who's feeling it, the number of years they've been 'doing' it and the milestones (either negative or positive) that have impacted on it. In my opinion, as far as sex goes...no 2 r'ships can be truly compared. Sex matters more to some. Less to others. 

I can see now , looking back, sex was a pivotal need for my partner (a bi male) and when I was in love and thought he was as inlove with me as I was with him....the sex was amazing. And I think my pliable, trusting nature allowed him an easier pathway to discover his sexual feelings for men. And as the years went by we....unknowingly on my part, unemotionally on his....grew apart as he kept more of himself hidden (and resentful) and I became more inquisitive (and resentful). Every emotional, searching step I took towards him...he took another silent one back, and sexuality is the chasm in between because that seems to be the only thing he understands

Elle

Last edited by Ellexoh_nz (July 14, 2020 3:50 pm)

KIA KAHA                       

January 10, 2021 7:04 pm  #12

For anyone that comes across this in the years that follow and wonders what happened with this situation; I am getting divorced. I'm not mad at them and they aren't mad at me. We are just sad and God I feel so alone.

January 10, 2021 7:38 pm  #13

I suspect many of us who divorced still felt some sadness about the event. Let's face it, it's not what the original expectation was. Now is the time to take care of you. Be your best friend as you adjust and look around for new horizons to explore. There is no timeline, no preconceived expectations or roadmaps you need to follow. Be yourself and beware of any self-destructive directions as those seem to be the easiest to fall into. You can always come here and talk about it. Use this board as often as you need to.

“The future is unwritten.”
― Joe Strummer

January 11, 2021 7:57 am  #14

Hi pear, glad to hear it.  fingers crossed you have a good future.  god I know how much it hurts to feel so alone!  that intense feeling doesn't last, in part it is a backlog coming up all at once and you are showing a lot of courage in facing it.   wishing you all the best.  Lily 

Board footera