OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 15, 2020 8:37 am  #21

Re: When you cant even be angry and yet all you feel is devastation

"And once the storm is over, you won't remember how you made it through,
how you managed to survive. You won't even be sure, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain, when you come out of the storm, you won't be the same person who walked in.
That's what this storm is all about "Haruki Murakami

I read this on the First Aid post and i just keep reading it to myself over and over and over.
The silver lining in all of this is that my therapist, i trust her with my life and i feel truly supported by her. Her wisdom, respect for my culture and beliefs is incredible. She just gets me. She is also able to simultaneously support my husband which is a relief to me. I never feel like her advice to either of us is not wise for the other one.. it can be hard to hear it sometimes but i think she is one of those very few, very balanced people out there.

I am so grateful to all of you here.. I truly mean it. I hope one day i can pay it forward in some other way because I just do not wish this to happen to anyone else.

Board footera