OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 10, 2020 6:25 pm  #1

2 Million Straight Spouses? Interesting Ted Talk

I found this Ted Talk affirming of the straight spouse experience  -

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PnMrY7ihQPk

No - It's not too late. It's not hopeless. Even there, there's something I can do. I just have to find the will. Ikiru (1952), film directed by Akira Kurosawa 

March 10, 2020 9:39 pm  #2

Re: 2 Million Straight Spouses? Interesting Ted Talk

This Tedtalk was how I found this Forum..!!

I watched Emily Reese and  her calm voice had such an effect on me that I searched for more info

RIP Emily 

KIA KAHA                       

March 10, 2020 11:31 pm  #3

Re: 2 Million Straight Spouses? Interesting Ted Talk

I listen to music & fashion blogs on YT.  I don’t usually seek psychological-based vlogs. Emily Reese says the gay spouse should tell the whole truth to the straight spouse and make amends to them. Refreshing to hear. Didn’t realize she passed away. Poor lady.

Glad this helped you when you started your straight spouse journey, Elle.

No - It's not too late. It's not hopeless. Even there, there's something I can do. I just have to find the will. Ikiru (1952), film directed by Akira Kurosawa 

Board footera