OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 22, 2020 5:49 pm  #1

Inappropriate

So, I am infuriated that my MTF "husband" told my 6 year old daughter that he feels like a girl inside his head not like a boy

conversation 

Mommy "you are my only girl" 
Her "what about daddy"
Mommy "daddy is a boy"
Her "daddy said he doesnt feel like a boy in his head he feels like a girl"

Am i wrong for being furious?

February 23, 2020 12:58 am  #2

Re: Inappropriate

I would be very concerned. If you haven’t done so, it would do her a world of good to see a child psychologist.

Maybe you heard the recent podcast on the SSN interviewing a young woman whose dad went from MTF? She developed an eating disorder at 12 because she repressed her negative emotions about his transition.

https://www.straightspouse.org/voices-podcast/s3-ep-1-growing-up-with-a-trans-parent/?fbclid=IwAR16x3ucsMpsTmS2gAf2ITWmadZ1tGkWBo155n2Pe8mUGWSk5APOkTPLHbs

No - It's not too late. It's not hopeless. Even there, there's something I can do. I just have to find the will. Ikiru (1952), film directed by Akira Kurosawa 

February 23, 2020 10:42 am  #3

Re: Inappropriate

Hi, no you're not wrong for being furious but I don't know that trying to keep a lid on it will work.    

SS you are in a lot of pain and being kept in the marriage while he escalates his feminisation.  This has a big effect on your self esteem.  but it bounces back - at your weakest is when you have to be at your strongest.  Don't waste your anger on being upset with him, it is water off a duck's back - use it for yourself.  I think that's the best way to help your daughter.

Board footera