OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 11, 2020 6:17 pm  #1

Direct Message

Would someone be willing to direct message me who has been through their husband going from MTF? Sometimes a direct support system would be nice. If this isnt allowed to ask my apologies but there is direct message capability so I figured I would give it a shot. 

Thanks

February 11, 2020 6:45 pm  #2

Re: Direct Message

If you want you can send me a direct message.  Once you're logged in go to the top of the page to "Inbox"; there you will find the instructions for how to send a private message.
You know my story; my now ex declared he was transgendered and would transition.  Later he backed off transition and stayed in the closet, but acted out with me at home.  I divorced him.  
There are others on here with husbands who did transition.  "Stronger Than I Knew" is one of those.  She doesn't post here often anymore.  

February 12, 2020 1:11 pm  #3

I didn’t get that far with my exBF, I was lucky enough to get out before too much trauma. But am willing and happy to help if I can.

That said you won’t find a better friend and support on here than OOHC. She’s been here for me since day one.

February 13, 2020 7:36 am  #4

Thanks, Duped.   JK Peace, Phoenix, Kel, and whatasham (especially whatasham), were here for me on day one, and so many others since.  We all pay it forward here.

February 13, 2020 1:21 pm  #5

OOHC, I didn’t have a MTF husband but you offered me invaluable suggestions and book recommendations.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart! Hope you are doing well.

No - It's not too late. It's not hopeless. Even there, there's something I can do. I just have to find the will. Ikiru (1952), film directed by Akira Kurosawa 

Board footera