OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 24, 2020 3:09 pm  #11

Re: First post. Feel like a fraud. I'm straight male, she's pan female.

okay so it was a close call - but I am responding to your post.  

All the straight spouses, ie straights married to gay, that I have met are gay friendly - and I am no exception.  I reread my post and it isn't us v them at all, it is about understanding the territory we are all in.  

Gay people often say straight people don't know what it's like for them and I agree.  The point I am making is it's the same the other way round - they know no better what it is like to be straight than we know what it is like for them even though they know something of both genders that is what they know, not what it is like to be straight.  

I do not make light of the forms of identifications, I believe them.  When she says she is pan not bi it makes me think that she might be coping with a change going on in herself, hence my suggestion you look further and read up on transgender, a suggestion that was not intended to be disrespectful.

Hope things go well for you and your family, all the best, Lily.  

Board footera