OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 15, 2020 2:58 am  #11

Re: Husband is Gay and having a hard time leaving him

You don’t have to answer me, but why is he living with you if you’re the only one paying the bills and paying for child care? He’s acting like a dependent child, not a responsible adult.

My GIDXH strung me along with empty promises for months that turned into too many years.  Is he promising to stop within a few months if you give him a chance? It will never stop.

Please seek legal advice to remove him your home. If you leave and he is evicted for nonpayment of rent, you will be sued along with him if both your names are on the lease..  It’s very important to force him to leave to keep your credit and record clean.  Take care.

Last edited by MJM017 (January 15, 2020 3:06 am)

No - It's not too late. It's not hopeless. Even there, there's something I can do. I just have to find the will. Ikiru (1952), film directed by Akira Kurosawa 

January 15, 2020 3:42 am  #12

Hurt & Confused,

Sorry to reply to my own message. Where is he getting the money to pay for prostitutes?  Has he ever been arrested for soliciting their services? Your in laws, his parents, are near. Don’t they know he is sponging off you?

When seeking legal advice for your situation, make certain to emphasize your husband is not contributing one penny to your kids’ support and he is not caregiving for them when you are working.

No - It's not too late. It's not hopeless. Even there, there's something I can do. I just have to find the will. Ikiru (1952), film directed by Akira Kurosawa 

January 15, 2020 10:26 am  #13

Check with your state to see if they have any do-it-yourself divorce documentation kits. Mine did. You can get all the necessary documents in fillable .PDFs so you can file the divorce yourself.

Board footera