OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 29, 2019 2:21 pm  #1

Compass exercise for year ahead....

Hello All, 

I just wanted to share this as a friend sent it to me and I downloaded this and did it for myself today.  I am trying to visualize a more positive decade ahead and this was a good exercise for looking back at the wins over the last year.  

It’s free and you can just print it out for your new year compass and letting go of 2019.  

I hope you all have a better new year and can leave behind what is no longer serving your life and happiness!  

http://yearcompass.com

Last edited by Leah (December 29, 2019 2:23 pm)

December 29, 2019 11:43 pm  #2

Re: Compass exercise for year ahead....

Thank You.

December 30, 2019 5:08 pm  #3

Thanks.  Printing now!

December 30, 2019 11:38 pm  #4

Thanks & Happy New Year!

No - It's not too late. It's not hopeless. Even there, there's something I can do. I just have to find the will. Ikiru (1952), film directed by Akira Kurosawa 

December 31, 2019 2:33 am  #5

Thanks for posting this Leah. I haven't had the heart to unpack the past yet, and admit thinking about it sounds depressing, but it's probably necessary at some point. Maybe that section can wait another year for me. I did feel a little tearful (in a good way) in glancing at some of the gentle future planning in the booklet and am looking forward to examining it more in depth. I've felt so defeated and stuck emotionally even though my situation was of shorter duration and less involved than most. Thanks for providing a link to some concrete ways to work on some hopeful goals for the coming year. I needed something hopeful. Good thoughts for everyone as we keep moving forward.

January 1, 2020 9:26 am  #6

Adding my thanks, Leah, as well as my good wishes for a Happy New Year.

January 2, 2020 5:46 pm  #7

Best wishes to you all for a better year ahead!  Sending lots of love to you all!  

"The best way to predict the future, is to create it" 

December 1, 2020 9:47 am  #8

Just wanted to bring Leah's helpful suggestion about this exercise up to the front.  

December 18, 2020 11:58 am  #9

I absolutely love this! Thanks for sharing! Gives the big picture I/we need!

December 19, 2020 2:08 am  #10

Thank you for sharing this! I invited a friend of mine to do this together with me. Tomorrow night we're going to start sharing our compasses over Zoom.
I found going back over 2020 I actually had a remarkable year, and did many interesting things, considering the hot mess of Covid, discovery of perverse, homosexual activities, leaving my husband, and ultimately disclosure from him.
I'm sure doubling up with a psychotherapist and psychologist for the past year, having an incredible support group, has helped immensely. 
I plan on living an ultra-fabulous life moving forward! 
I think he probably did me a favor...I'm sure I'm going to be better off than him, in the long run.
I have nothing on my conscience and did everything in my power to be a loving, supportive wife to a lying, manipulative, fake man. He's a master of disguise and hiding his true identify.
I'm authentic, genuine and I think I will do just fine.
Happy holidays everyone, stay safe!

Board footera