OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 21, 2019 4:37 pm  #1

nearly five years out still struggling privately

I am nearly five years out..my kids are 10 and 15..oldest SEEMS fine ..very loyal to dad...youngest is struggling..feels confused obviously and dad has married the partner, they are financially prospering, have built new home and have awesome happy life..meanwhile I struggle financially and still cry nearly every day..its constant pain still....I have done so much therapy and self help..tried so hard but its never enough.i know we have to keep going, keep trying but it just doesn't seem to get easier ..no interesting dates or much desire..I am just a tired, overweight zombie barely surviving. I so want to get better but nothing seems to bring lasting change.

hoping to dig into your stories and find some encouragement..praying for you all.this is a hard road and we are forgotten ones not the bRAVE ones it seem..they are.  I don't want to be bitter or homophobic or hate I just want to not be in pain and not struggle so constantly..so ready to move on just can't.

Board footera