OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 25, 2019 10:14 am  #1

Anyone in Dublin, Ireland??

Hi all! My husband came out 6months ago as being bisexual after  confessing being cheating on me with man for a good while and like everyone here life is now a rollercoaster. We’ve been improving out communication skills and trying to move forward together but I feel very lonely at times and I’m looking for someone who is going through the same here in Dublin that would be willing to chat. I went to a straight spouse support group here but there were only men who the wives came out and even though they were very helpful I still feel like finding another woman who is going through what I am. It would be very helpful having someone to talk to that understands what I am going through. Give me a shout if you have any interest

November 25, 2019 1:17 pm  #2

Re: Anyone in Dublin, Ireland??

Let.It.Be wrote:

Hi all! Welcome to the Forum Let.it.be  My husband came out 6months ago as being bisexual after confessing being cheating on me with man for a good while and like everyone here life is now a rollercoaster. I'm of the opinion if the cheating has involved fucking a man then he's more gay than bisexual, and there's such a very thin line between the two that you are the one who will really know which it is. We’ve been improving out communication skills and trying to move forward together Do you want to accept life with a partner who involved with other men, who has kept this important fact from you? but I feel very lonely at times and I’m looking for someone who is going through the same here in Dublin that would be willing to chat. I'm in New Zealand and like you know nobody going through this. It IS a very lonely place, but the Forum will be your sanctuary as you process this Mindfuck. I went to a straight spouse support group here but there were only men who the wives came out and even though they were very helpful I still feel like finding another woman who is going through what I am. It would be very helpful having someone to talk to that understands what I am going through. Do you have any friends or family you can confide in?Communication with your husband will Always be slanted towards what he wants to do and be. Firstly you need to decide what you want....and don't want. This is not all about him. In fact...how you ultimately choose to navigate this is all about you. Give me a shout if you have any interest

Hugs

KIA KAHA                       

November 25, 2019 1:59 pm  #3

Hi
I saw your message. I am not in Dublin but North west ireland. I tried to pm you but i have to post 3 times on this board before I can pm
husband told me he was gay god it's almost 2 years ago now. have been living with the agony since.
have small kids also so life is very busy. he still lives here and life goes on but I have not spoken to many people about it as I feel no one would understand how i feel
Would love to talk as the support is non existant around here. I know there are some meet ups in dublin but I have not made it to any of them as I work full time also and hard to get away with the kids etc.
all the best x

November 27, 2019 11:51 am  #4

I just dm you thanks for reaching out!

November 28, 2019 6:44 am  #5

i didn't get any message 

December 3, 2019 11:20 am  #6

I don’t lnow what went wrong.. I’m gonna try again..

Board footera