OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 31, 2019 8:50 pm  #1

trans partner shy? confused? I have no idea

Hi Everyone-  I have been with my partner for 10 yrs and she came out to me 5 yrs ago and there are times I cant beleive we are still married. Its like a fricking roller coaster. However things have calmed down considerably. But one thing remains. My partner claims to want to have a intimate relationship with me but never makes any moves in that direction. For many years it felt like her body was off limits and there was a lot of anger on both sides. So now that is passed I am not sure what to think. When we talk she says she is confused about how her body reacts, she doesnt "know what to do"  everything has changed etc. She swears she wants to remain married.  I know things are confusing for her and all. But I feel trapped....I wont have an affair, I dont want to get divorced and I have a partner who appears ...for lack of a better word...shy and self conscious and unwilling to explore anything...even verbally. 
Any thoughts? similar situations? - Marion

November 1, 2019 12:48 pm  #2

Re: trans partner shy? confused? I have no idea

Hi Marion, sorry but I can't work out from your post what the situation is - are you straight woman married to a transgendered male who wants to be referred to as her or is it something else?  

whatever married 5 years before disclosure is a big red flag as to the character and motivations of your partner isn't it.

Board footera