OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 23, 2019 2:21 pm  #11

Re: Wedding

StraightSpouse1979 wrote:

I cant bail out on the wedding. ...

Take your daughter with you to the wedding.. she'll be a focus and reason to leave early

KIA KAHA                       

August 23, 2019 3:12 pm  #12

I dont think kids are invited to the wedding, not small kids anyways as shes only five

August 23, 2019 9:37 pm  #13

StraightSpouse1979 wrote:

I dont think kids are invited to the wedding, not small kids anyways as shes only five

That's your 'out' then. Apologise profusely...last-minute cancellation. Can't get a babysitter!

KIA KAHA                       

August 24, 2019 9:25 am  #14

Update:
I asked the bride if I could replace my best friend "date" with another "date" since she cant go. Well she would have asked off but was making it seem like she didnt want to because she doesnt like the grooms family. She said yes SO i am able to bring another girlfriend last minute so i dont need to get a hotel room and have someone i like there to talk to! WIN

August 26, 2019 7:58 am  #15

SS1979
That's great!  Some pro-active problem solving!  Hope you are able to do as Rob says and find some hope and validation there.  

Board footera