OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 26, 2019 9:55 am  #11

Re: Found after Deceased

That was a very odd article.

August 26, 2019 10:38 am  #12

wasn't it.  

He seemed to think that wanting to be the submissive partner was common amongst straight men.  I don't know that I believe that, do you? - aren't they more likely to be closeted gay men?  

August 26, 2019 2:44 pm  #13

Hey Lily . We've spoken about this before ;)

If what was in that article can called be called 'straight' - I think we need more terms for 'snow' ;)

Are there *any* western cultural 'Emulation targets' for any male experiencing a personal 'hardwiring' for hetero-romanticism, yet bi-sexual attraction? 

Without these archetype characters to point to, how could one truly self-define that wiring to others?  A Catch-22. ;)

Ryan Renoylds stated that he intended his 'Deadpool' character to be specifially 'pansexual'.  I saw the movies and definately caught that and at the same time, the character is also highly hetero-romantic.

That article though... whoa.

Last edited by Paraceleus (August 26, 2019 2:45 pm)

August 26, 2019 2:58 pm  #14

I’ve heard the Eskimos have 32 words for snow and ice ( critical to navigating the surface in travel at various temperatures and humidity) and in a PBS documentary I learned there are over 50 terms in the LGBTQ+ vocabulary now.  However, the last time I checked, monogamy and sexual fidelity have only one definition. 

ADSJ

Last edited by a_dads_straight_journey (August 26, 2019 2:59 pm)

August 26, 2019 4:14 pm  #15

a_dads_straight_journey wrote:

However, the last time I checked, monogamy and sexual fidelity have only one definition.

Monogamy.  Certainly.

Polyfidelity would fall under a sexual fidelity umbrella.

August 26, 2019 4:33 pm  #16

Polyfidelity implies consent of all involved.

August 26, 2019 5:24 pm  #17

a_dads_straight_journey wrote:

Polyfidelity implies consent of all involved.

Exactly

For full consent, words must mean the same thing between stakeholders. 

The western ideal, binary - 'gold star' straight + 'gold star' straight, hetero-romantic/hetero-sexual coupling hasn't been 'the algebra' experienced by either spouse in a mixed orientation situation.

I'm left to wonder... and my thoughts lead to modeling, more geometrically stable algebra.

The examples are rare and even more rarely, emulatable.

August 26, 2019 5:36 pm  #18

I grew up and people would be saying everything is grey, black and white thinking is fanatical and bad.  My answer to that was grey is made up of particles of black and white, all very complex but black and white is real.  Nowadays it's called binary thinking but it is considered just as bad and my answer to that is funny how amazingly well computers have worked isn't it - designed by our binary thinking selves. 

Of course there are complexities but try asking an electric switch to be both on and off - your whole system is going down isn't it.  Open the box, if Schroedinger's poor cat is still alive, give it some dinner.

For the bisexual woman it is I want to have children but I'm looking for a woman - it's not a recipe that can sustain romance, monogamy, sexual fidelity, any of that stuff really. 

August 26, 2019 5:55 pm  #19

Paraceleus wrote:

I'm left to wonder... and my thoughts lead to modeling, more geometrically stable algebra.

The examples are rare and even more rarely, emulatable.

ah, so you are hoping to find some way of having a supportive polyfidelity so no hearts get broken, or at least all are supported.  Um.  it's a nice idea.  Doesn't seem realistic does it.

August 26, 2019 6:59 pm  #20

lily wrote:

ah, so you are hoping to find some way of having a supportive polyfidelity so no hearts get broken, or at least all are supported.  Um.  it's a nice idea.  Doesn't seem realistic does it.

True... we don't have many stories.  There are examples, however.  I have been looking.

Fundamentally, the concept is completely compatible with my straightness.

Board footera