OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 4, 2020 7:58 pm  #21

Re: Musings

I signed my Will this morning. I have 2 copies, and with each copy I've attached a copy of the email my partner sent me 3 years ago....in case any of my children want clarity/have unamswered questions and I'm not here to answer them. 
It's bothered me for a while now "what if I die before signing it...he'll get it all" 
I now have a measure of peace

KIA KAHA                       

February 7, 2020 1:18 pm  #22

I got up this morning to read of another well-known "celebrity" who has come out after many years of marriage

https://tinyurl.com/rol4cvn 

It certainly seems easier to do if you have acheived an amount of fame, popularity and success, however I'll wait to read the account of the 27 year marriage that his wife writes, if she ever does

KIA KAHA                       

February 9, 2020 12:55 pm  #23

A month ago....I said "I don't want you (meaning sex)...I don't want anybody" so we slept apart, have been sleeping apart even when personal comfort necessitates we sleep in the same bed. I'm not cold towards him, just neutral. There is....finally!....a distance between us that he can't mend. In all our years it's usually been me who tries to open up conversations about 'Us'. Now I'm silent...and I keep waiting for him to want to talk, but he doesn't. Doesn't seem to know where to start, unless it's to do with his needs and he'll do that without looking me in the eye. 

Why has it taken me this long!!! to see him like this? Because I was always seeing Us.....when I thought of our problems. Now I just see him

While he keeps up his "I'll just sweep this under the carpet, what we can't see doesn't exist" non-approach.....I'm getting on with improving the way my future will be without him

KIA KAHA                       

July 26, 2020 10:36 pm  #24

Hi Ellexoh_nz
Where are you at in your separation? I haven't been on the forum since January. I was hit really hard with shingles and what I now believe was Covid. Curious to know if your husband is still in the apartment with you? I'm still in the house with mine and it's extra difficult to even think about leaving with Covid running rampant in California. 

July 26, 2020 11:06 pm  #25

broomhilda2 wrote:

Hey Broom!    

Yip still together, still in Limbo. Omg you poor thing, did you get tested? I was talking to family in Florida yesterday. They are isolating in their home and homeschooling the boys. Where I am....New Zealand....we're fairly lucky our PM went at this pandemic early and hard though I see there have been new outbreaks in a few places around the globe so complacency is out! right?

I'm not going anywhere yet either

Elle

KIA KAHA                       

Board footera