OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 14, 2019 7:40 pm  #11

Re: Just found out the love of my life, my wife is a lesbian

I know many of the husbands get to a point where they say it is like she is a completely different person - the woman I married has gone away and a monster is in her place.  

So what are these men seeing to express it like that, and what makes this transition occur?  The answer I see is that the charm, the friendliness that we naturally believe indicates a reciprocity of the openhearted communication and emotional support we are offering,  means something very different to our partners - and what the husbands are seeing is the person underneath, who views being charming as a good way to get her own way.  Once the charm fails then she has to resort to other means to try and get what she wants and that is the transition.

Last edited by lily (August 14, 2019 7:43 pm)

August 14, 2019 8:09 pm  #12

Re: Just found out the love of my life, my wife is a lesbian

Valiroth_AU wrote:

Thank-you, just thank-you. 

It is my absolute pleasure and you’re very welcome

Board footera