OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 10, 2019 4:58 pm  #1

My 10 by 10

My bedroom feels like the ONLY place in my house i have any peace when he is home. Even when he isnt the house just does not feel like MINE anymore. My room has been MY room for six years now(slept separate after marisa was born to change shifts and i slept so much better as he snores i have insomnia) so it feels like my only space that is truly mine that i have any sense of calm in. 

August 11, 2019 7:30 pm  #2

Re: My 10 by 10

That is good though..
I had the basement couch... I referred to as my "safe spot".   
We all need a safe place.    

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

August 12, 2019 12:30 pm  #3

I slept on the couch permanently a few years before I found evidence. I was fed up with his duplicitous behavior.  I demanded he sleep there and he wouldn’t.

Why does the innocent spouse get exiled to the couch?

No - It's not too late. It's not hopeless. Even there, there's something I can do. I just have to find the will. Ikiru (1952), film directed by Akira Kurosawa 

August 12, 2019 5:59 pm  #4

MJM 
I dont know about why we are always the ones who arer put out but I feel like that is becoming the pattern

August 12, 2019 9:06 pm  #5

That was my spot but I stopped sleeping on it..
I highly recommend  the ​MINNESUND rollup mattress from Ikea..  really comfortable.. you can sleep anywhere in YOUR house.    

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

August 13, 2019 8:30 am  #6

Rob
I have my own bed in my own room to myself but it is the ONLY room in the house that is like mine where i dont have to be near the husband as is locked but the big point is that it is so isolating and i feel like its chipping at my sanity. I am sure how prisoners feel

Board footera