OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 9, 2019 12:42 pm  #1

straight wife with transexual partner

Hello,
Not even sure if this is the right place to post this, but I didn't see another forum for spousal support.  My husband of 28 years has come out to me that he/she is transgender.  We're well into the process now, (facial feminization, post operative) and I have no intention of leaving her, even though I'm straight.  The love we share goes deeper than any physical bonds or attractions we had before the transition.
I guess I'm just seeking some coping advice.  
Once again, I apologize if this is not the appropriate forum for this discussion.
Sincerely,
Jodie

August 9, 2019 2:00 pm  #2

Re: straight wife with transexual partner

jofabi wrote:

Hello,
Not even sure if this is the right place to post this, but I didn't see another forum for spousal support.  My husband of 28 years has come out to me that he/she is transgender.  We're well into the process now, (facial feminization, post operative) and I have no intention of leaving her, even though I'm straight.  The love we share goes deeper than any physical bonds or attractions we had before the transition.
I guess I'm just seeking some coping advice.  
Once again, I apologize if this is not the appropriate forum for this discussion.
Sincerely,
Jodie

Welcome to our Forum Jodie. This is the correct board. It allows straightspouses who are still with their partners room to share their story though the transgender factor is one that comes up mostly on the support/ General discussion boards because many decide against staying together

On the 2nd page of this board there's a thread by YazPistachio "Tools for your MOM"

Glad you found us Jodie

Last edited by Ellexoh_nz (August 9, 2019 3:19 pm)

KIA KAHA                       

Board footera