OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 6, 2019 4:28 pm  #11

Re: 13 years of marriage, she discloses she is attracted to women

sincerely thank you, lily, for your kind words. i understand that my emotions is on a rollercoaster right now. i just try to write things, that happens with me. it's like a diary, therapy and clearing my mind.

while being at counselor my wife told that her friendship with new passion started at april. just took some time to check our chat with her from past several months:

0 mentions about her sexuality changes, 0 mentions about feelings for women, 0 mentions about "look, my beloved husband and the best friend for 13 years, i have been shaked by therapy and my new findings, it's really important for me that you know what's happening, could we go to family therapy meeting together?", 0 mentions about plans for future.

bazilllion times mentioned how something hurts/feeling depressed/what did doctors found or didn't found, mentioned therapy, how it was painful to talk about childhood, how the lack of my attention/used medications/ailments drops down her sexuality and how there's something bad in household.

all that time she did send to me photos from traveling moments with her new girlfriend, she did wrote to me how she comforted her new girlfriend after she broke up, she did wrote that she would like to go with "friends" to the seaside and that i shouldn't think, that she's with "some dude sleeping at night", she did write, even when nobody asked on another day that "has no lover, really".

these details got me upset again. why she was involve me into all this?

i mean, i imagine that some man calls her wife and tells: sweetheart, there would be my friend from work, a very nice woman, she has some funny dogs. it would be fun. and brings there his lover for the last few months. this is sick, when you think. 

Last edited by morpheus (August 15, 2019 2:43 pm)

August 15, 2019 3:03 pm  #12

Re: 13 years of marriage, she discloses she is attracted to women

some time passed and i'm still on rollercoaster.
it's not that hard, like it was before.
i'm doing my best to stand firmly on the ground.

i still could not understand what happened, guess i would never will. but at least i could try to react to all the happenings with more or less clear mind. 

today we told our kid, that she's leaving our home. after we finished our babbling about "it was a decision that we had to make" and "nothing changes to you in your daily life", he just told "could i go back? (to his room)".
He didn't seem surprized or somehow irritated. Maybe he's just going through it himself, without showing emotions. But later at the evening we even could both take some jokes from series: "look, mom's leaved just for several hours and we already forgot to make some food for tomorrow". And we actually sincerelly laughed. Of course, the problems could arise later, but now i'm proud with him, he standed this news just ok. Way better than me, to be precise.

So, it was really a big releave for me not to hide all this divorce s**t from our son.
Things that disturbs me, is that i just lost my best friend and one of our "life triangle" we've builded together. It would never be the same, for good or for bad.

Also, i feel almost cleaned from anger i felt her. I guess, that anger just transformed to some kind of melancholy. I just watched photos from her social page and remembered the evolution from a young, restless person, she was when i met her, to a mother of wonderful boy and a beautiful woman.

Well, i always knew it, but i've got some evidence right to my face - things just happen. 

Last edited by morpheus (August 15, 2019 3:10 pm)

Board footera