OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 1, 2019 2:44 pm  #1

Another famous beard with a beard

August 1, 2019 2:55 pm  #2

Re: Another famous beard with a beard

Uh-huh.  I had that "oh, now we're closer than we ever were" feeling, too, after my ex disclosed he'd decided he was trans.  I call it part of my denial and bargaining.  I wanted to believe that his being honest meant we could now achieve the intimacy that had been missing, when what it really was telling me was that differing sexualities meant we could never achieve the intimacy that had been missing!  
I say she wants to minimize the damage she's caused.  And "Women's Health" is helping her.  

Last edited by OutofHisCloset (August 1, 2019 6:30 pm)

August 1, 2019 3:21 pm  #3

Agreed. I also felt more closeness and intimacy in the sense that we were more honest than before. But after so many years, and all the abuse, it was so hard. Is Hough saying she is bi or possibly queer:questioning? i did not see how she defines herself except as “not straight.”  They have been married a short enough time that maybe they can make it work?  At least as long as many star marriages do. Until one of hem cannot do it anymore. Gaaaaaaah!!  I JUST DON’T KNOW ANYTHING ANYMORE

August 1, 2019 3:58 pm  #4

not straight is enough for me.  

August 1, 2019 4:17 pm  #5

Gag me with a spoon... enough already in the media... she’s gay, it’s trauma bonding for now, two more years tops for the marriage ...and the media is simply using TGT to sell their wares.  I’ve had my fill of it. 

ADSJ

August 1, 2019 4:43 pm  #6

I googled her (vaguely heard of her) . Had no idea. She's had affairs with a few ladies before her straight marriage.

She's a grade Z celebrity. Why did this guy marry her? Didn't he google her like normal people do when dating?  

Is he beard in the know or a poor innocent who got love bombed by a con artist?

Last edited by MJM017 (August 1, 2019 4:44 pm)

No - It's not too late. It's not hopeless. Even there, there's something I can do. I just have to find the will. Ikiru (1952), film directed by Akira Kurosawa 

August 1, 2019 6:31 pm  #7

ADSJ:
 Trauma bonding for sure.

OMOTF:
 It's amazing how things that appear so murky acquire clarity after you leave.

Last edited by OutofHisCloset (August 1, 2019 6:31 pm)

August 1, 2019 11:16 pm  #8

I really liked her in the movie "Safe Haven"  and identified with the story/book..    Really tarnished or brings TGT into something I liked..    We seem to see and read about it everywhere... most people probably glanced over that article or thought it was a normal thing  for a celebrity.

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

August 2, 2019 2:46 pm  #9

Rob, that is why I wondered if this woman's husband knew. .This stuff gives celebrities a longer shelf life.

It's not a normal or kind thing for celebrities to play this game. It gives even less sympathy and support to people like us who have to live with the wreckage. 

No - It's not too late. It's not hopeless. Even there, there's something I can do. I just have to find the will. Ikiru (1952), film directed by Akira Kurosawa 

Board footera