OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 30, 2020 8:57 pm  #21

Re: Attend a meeting of your local SSN!

Kel- while I understand SSn are volunteers, perhaps there should be an annual check-in point with volunteers to ensure they still have the willingness to help others. Perhaps when they originally signed up they did. But not any longer, for whatever reason (and that is okay).

To my opinion, it is very hard for someone to reach out for support to a stranger, only to receive nothing or very little in return. For me, it gave me no desire to do so again. I am not one to ask for help often or share my sorrows with strangers. But I took a chance, only to feel like there was no interest in really "helping out".

I hope only the process can be improved for others.

"Your value does not decrease based upon someone's inability to see your worth."

Board footera