OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 8, 2019 5:17 pm  #11

Re: My husband is trans. I have no idea what to do

Last edited by MJM017 (August 14, 2021 10:08 pm)

No - It's not too late. It's not hopeless. Even there, there's something I can do. I just have to find the will. Ikiru (1952), film directed by Akira Kurosawa 

July 8, 2019 7:16 pm  #12

Last edited by MJM017 (August 14, 2021 10:05 pm)

No - It's not too late. It's not hopeless. Even there, there's something I can do. I just have to find the will. Ikiru (1952), film directed by Akira Kurosawa 

July 9, 2019 12:43 am  #13

MJM017 wrote:

I got duped by a gay guy pretending to be straight.

the first thing I thought after meeting and having my late GIDXH flirt with me was why is this gay guy bugging me with sexual attention. What's wrong with him?

Not going to lie, this totally hurts and yet I felt the same way! Why do they do this? I just don't get it. How unnatural is it to flirt with someone you aren't attracted to? There are seriously businesses and advice columnists and books and articles devoted to escaping the attentions of someone you aren't interested in. Fake numbers that play messages to politely let someone down so you don't have to! So why bother with the pretense?

On good days, when I feel generous, I just imagine that they crave acceptance and love because they get so little of it, even from themselves. On my bad days, I think it's a crappy and selfish desire for attention. Maybe it's both. Either way it's pretty cruel to the person on the receiving end of it.

July 9, 2019 6:51 am  #14

MJM,

There is a lot of truth in that Tina Turner story.

My pain went on for 2 years...even after we were divorced my GX was still living in the house. 

We all need to do what we have to.
Do whatever you need to do. Slowly plan your exit..baby tiny steps each day.
Know that this is not forever.  The mills of God grind slowly..but they grind exceedingly small.

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

July 10, 2019 11:54 am  #15

Last edited by MJM017 (August 14, 2021 10:05 pm)

July 10, 2019 12:52 pm  #16

Last edited by MJM017 (August 14, 2021 10:07 pm)

July 29, 2019 2:13 am  #17

I am going through the same thing. A couple of days before my 19th wedding anniversary, my husband finally admitted he was transgender! I am confused too!!! We are gonna get through this!!!! HUGS!!!

Board footera