OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 2, 2019 6:20 am  #11

Re: Feeling Broken

Go saddad!     The kids just want a mom and a dad..they want a consistent  and  steady mom and dad...something they are familiar with ..   Since  the mom in this case is not consistent or steady they look to you for some stability and normality in their lives.        While we can be hurt, in shock, crush by our spouses..  I say we can show these kids that our fierce love for them goes beyond anything these hurtful spouses can possibly understand.   

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

July 7, 2019 2:19 pm  #12

I'm so sorry you're here.  You can read my post I made under He is in denial for more on me.

I will only say this, as I don't have much advise, but do not leave your home before you have papers drawn up.  

July 8, 2019 1:42 pm  #13

Saddad,

I urge also, do not leave your home! Do not leave without a divorce settlement or legal parenting arrangement.

It takes some strength to remain as your cheating wife may make it uncomfortable...but this is not of your making.
Let your daughters see how steadfast, stoic and absolute your love for them is.

Last edited by Rob (July 12, 2019 7:20 am)

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

July 11, 2019 9:05 pm  #14

Im so sorry for your joining our club. But proud of you for putting your daughters needs first . I recently lost my father but he was my hero inspiration and friend. I should say "is" because he shaped my values and goals and they won't change. So be that for your daughters.Encourage them to be the best version of themselves. Focus on keeping that bond and helping them grow. I'm sure you were a good husband. People say that hurt ends eventually. That I don't know. I can only speak for the  power you have to make sure your daughters feel loved and fulfill their potential due to a loving Dad.

October 6, 2019 10:48 pm  #15

I began the same ordeal last month after 29 years of marriage.  Does anyone know of a group in the Buffalo NY area?  It is good to be able to text and chat with people, but it would be better if I could sit and talk to someone.  My email is Davew3030@Gmail.com if anyone knows of someone in the Buffalo NY area.
Thank you!
David W from North Tonawanda

October 9, 2019 6:37 pm  #16

Hey Davew30, I'm not in your area but you can call the hotline and they can probably help you locate a support group that is. I'm sorry you are going through this. Check out the first aid section if you haven't already for some suggestions to help you cope. Welcome to the forum. Sorry you are here but we are here for you.

Board footera