OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 13, 2019 12:37 pm  #11

Re: Shattered

Today was an okay day. I yelled a little, cried a lot and took several things I’ve read to heart. I’ve been keeping notes and advice in a small notebook, it seems to help. Made appointment with the counselor for Saturday. Not looking forward to it but I’m not sure why. Maybe it’s cuz I’m not sure where to start. Guess we will see. Thank u all from the bottom of my (bruised) heart!

Last edited by Destroyed70 (June 13, 2019 1:50 pm)

June 13, 2019 3:15 pm  #12

My heart goes out to you!!! Hate that any of us are here but...we have each other. We are not alone. Hugs...

A mermaid should not feel lke she is drowning.....

June 13, 2019 6:25 pm  #13

Dee....
Walkbymyself is absolutely correct. Your recovery will indeed mean going back over painful memories and maybe seeing them with a clarity you learn to accept is necessary to go forward.

KIA KAHA                       

June 14, 2019 5:11 am  #14

Omg!! I just read your post and I'm in exactly the same position!!!! Your not alone!!! I felt I was lone until I found your post 5mins ago. I found out 2 weeks ago!! I have gone from being literally crazy head to well not so crazy head but always feeling my life is just one big bull***t lie. I feel exactly the same as you. They get all this support yet were just collateral damage!! They knew, they had a choice not to deceive, lie and wreck our lives but they did. I have no kids. Pretty obvious to me why now. Not only did he rob me of love but of having family as well. But hey,  "he can't help who he is". No, but he could of not fecked my life in the process. The fact he doesn't care is the hardest thing. Of course he doesn't though, he has no idea as he needs error loved me. I moved to NZ as he told me he was a ,essentially as he was so far from  home. I'm scottish and met him in Scotland. Now I'm on the other side of the world with no family, friends and in marriage that suited him as he doesn't want anyone knowing he's gay.

Board footera