OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 19, 2019 6:36 pm  #1

Hello

So. How is everyone doing? How has your weekend been like? How have you been handling this roller coaster of emotion?

May 20, 2019 9:14 am  #2

Re: Hello

Fairly well the last few days...I’ve been somewhat prolific in posting the last month and it’s been cathartic. 

Been able to set my anger aside more frequently when interacting with my ex. 

I appreciate this site and everyone’s perspectives that they’ve shared.

May 20, 2019 11:24 am  #3

been doing some tough yards this weekend but handling them well - not sure how but I think with a bit of everything.  Maybe it was the chocolate.  But probably it was the cancel everything day I had on Friday, not feeling well, went to bed. stayed in bed all day slept a lot and woke up late afternoon feeling much better.  I really do believe curling up and daydreaming is the best medicine.

I appreciate all the efforts people make to care for each other, both the give and the get of it, just caring about another's feelings, and perhaps humanity's saving grace - there's always room for a funny comment.

all the best, everyone

May 20, 2019 1:44 pm  #4

I have not been doing well. I live with my MTF (and I use this lightly because he tells me he has no intention of getting surgery, he does not dress in full women attire just odds and ends like bright colored pink leopard etc socks, women jeans, women underwear but he takes estrogen so his chest is bigger than me) husband. It is very difficult for me. I cant really look at him too much. We sleep in separate rooms (have for a while before this because he snores bad and i have insomnia so it worked) but we use to cuddle watch tv stuff like that before we went to bed but now we dont do that.  It is so isolating. I have things I am involved with but i just miss even simple affection like hand holding. I have been on wellbutrin 100 twice a day for a while but i dont think it works anymore. I was starting to sleep better and wean off my ambien but that has gotten worse too. We have a 5 year old daughter and if we didnt I would be gone by now but i feel like now here I am forced to make this choice because he made his choice. 

May 20, 2019 2:31 pm  #5

I also had a tough weekend.  My closeted, cross dressing/trans ex is out of town, so we made arrangements that while he is away I can finally move to my apartment the last of the furniture and a few other things from our family home--family pictures and mementos from my son's school years that I'd collected--that I'd asked for in the divorce. (I sold my ex my share of the house and moved to an apartment.)  He had not cleared out the bookcases or gone through the box of family portraits of our ancestors, so before I could move them, I had to clear them out, separate out the portraits and try to divide books. I spent time doing that both Friday and Saturday. 
  It is always difficult to go back to the house, and inevitably results in bringing up the past, damaging images of my ex's dressing up in women's clothes, the tense atmosphere in our house during those years, etc. etc.  To see his neglect of the house and my garden, but most of all the evidence that he continues his feminizing-in-secret, is an assault that re-animates the trauma of the three years after he dropped the trans bomb before I struggled free of my doubts, hopes, guilt, feelings of obligation, and fears and left.  It is important for my healing to have as little to do with him as I can: not talk to him or see him, and avoid the places associated with him and that time. 
   Sunday my son helped me move the bookcases, and we picked up and dropped off the truck and got it loaded and moved and arranged in my apartment in less than two hours.  I must still must sort through and pack the books, and move those via my car by Friday, when my ex returns.  
    I keep telling myself that I will be ok, that I can get through this, that yes, there will be a reaction when it's all done, but that after it IS done, I will never have to go back there again. During the time when I am not there, I am giving myself permission to do as much or as little else as I feel like doing, and I am making sure to see other people and get outside, because both make me feel better.  
   I'm just going to say what everyone here already knows: this shit is HARD.  

May 20, 2019 2:32 pm  #6

ah, yes well, I got my own bed and my own home so that's a lot to like.

that sounds like a lot of medications to me - not good for your health long term.  

I just think that living with a husband who has bigger breasts than you is not good for your health either.

wishing you all the best, Lily

May 20, 2019 5:26 pm  #7

SS1979,OOHC, I empathize.
Living with the ex after disclosure was physically painful (headaches). SS1979 I wish you strength and grace through that.  OOHC, Going through memorabilia and photos in the house after the ex left was also very HARD. I stayed in that house too long and am glad I’m out of that house.

Lily, glad to hear you are giving yourself some respit. 

All, I wish you a better week and will keep you all in my prayers.

ADSJ

Last edited by a_dads_straight_journey (May 20, 2019 7:36 pm)

May 20, 2019 6:46 pm  #8

I discovered my husband was gay in October.  I saw a text where he had solicited sex from a male prostitute.  It was clear he had done something like this before.   We haven’t had sex for 14 years.   We have two wonderful children but I cannot even function anymore...it is eating me alive and I can barely function.   I am waiting until the kids finish their school year and I intend to confront him then..   it is so scary..I can hardly sleep, eat or breathe most days and it’s getting worse..my whole life has crashed down and my poor kids are going to be so so so hurt and destroyed,

Last edited by Afraidtoconfront (May 20, 2019 6:47 pm)

May 20, 2019 9:51 pm  #9

Afraidtoconfront,

The kids will be ok...and they will never understand you gave 24 years.

I understand the fear well..it feels paralyzing.   Know that you are not idle..  You wrote in here.
Small steps everyday for you and your kids.  Discrete small steps. Know that it's not forever...there is an end to the fear and tension.

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

May 21, 2019 1:27 pm  #10

So today was a bad day. I have to schedule a meeting with my daughter's school because she continues to act out in a manner that is not appropriate. Excluding kids, growling at them, saying she wont be nice to some kids but nice to other kids. She is only in pre k 4 she is 5 years old. I try time out's, taking away privliges, not let her go outside and play, but she continues to behave this way. I am at my wits end with everything else but this is making everything worse. 

Board footera