OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 18, 2022 9:23 am  #11

Re: homophobia and the closet

You could be correct. I'm a gay magnet. My first husband and I got married when I got pregnant at 16. Married at 17 second kid at 20. Told me he was either bi or gay at 22, then gay at 23 (he was 25).  I've long felt he was just so young he could not have really been able to wrap his head around being gay in a Roman Catholic family. I and the kids were his beards for another 8 yrs. Was he selfish or just unable to speak his truth? I don't know. But to have found another man in my life who was, like the first, a good man but then wham, find out he's gender fluid and worry for months that he was gay too? Yeah, I'm kinda done with partners. If I ever do end up alone I'll stick to cats.

Board footera