OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 6, 2021 4:28 pm  #51

Re: Your experience with lack of affection and intimacy?

Lynne wrote:

lily wrote:

but, but but but she spluttered - your entire list of possibilities were all based on the belief that she doesn't know she is gay.  

Sorry.  

but what about the possibility that she knows she is gay but is not being honest with you about it.  

Or she isn't gay. 
Edited:  Sorry. I see this possibility is covered in A. 

It is a distinct possibility I am aware of. I think I mentioned in my first post that there was a recent “coming out” by her nephew. The following attempted discussion about the relief of not living in the closet produced a bizarre reaction that looked very much like fear or anxiety. I almost wish that I am totally wrong in all of this. If it is to be this truth, I am not sure where it would leave me in the long term. A new unknown and a new start I suppose. A final personal irony for me in that my old Headmaster always called me a hopeless romantic. Potentially the very definition of a hopeless romance.

And now here is my secret, a very simple secret. It is only with the heart that one can see clearly that which is essential is invisible to the eye.

July 6, 2021 7:48 pm  #52

Re: Your experience with lack of affection and intimacy?

yeah.  I'm a hopeless romantic too.  I found it very difficult to even conceive a person being GID.  I had no idea someone would lie about something so important and to their partner??  It's a sin of the heart isn't it.  It wasn't til I came here that I even heard the term.  Now I know how common it is.

Board footera