OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 29, 2019 8:55 pm  #21

Re: don't want my husband to be bi

Married30 (Sorry I missed that you'd already posted here when I suggested you do so in the MOM section.)

I guess you have to decide what it is that you won't "accept."  Do you not accept that your husband is gay?  Or do you not accept that his being gay will ever be okay?  (I have thought for a while that my response to the title of this thread, "don't want my husband to be bi" is really "don't worry; he isn't bi; he's gay! "Bi" is just a stop on the denial train.") 
   And why should you EVER be ok with having your life blown up?  That's not ok, and you should get sympathy and be empathized with; you, like all of us, are collateral damage.  Whether your husband knew, and deliberately deceived you, or whether he was so deep in denial and firmly in the closet that he could be said to have closed off that reality from his own recognition, what has happened to YOU is a devastating blow.  
  And yes, it hurts.  It hurts so much you wonder if you'll ever make it out of the hurt.  
  But you will.  I know you can't believe that right now, but many of us have been where you are, and we have made it out the other side.  
   Say whatever you need to say.  Ask for whatever help you need to ask for.  

Last edited by OutofHisCloset (March 29, 2019 8:56 pm)

Board footera