OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 29, 2019 11:30 pm  #291

Re: How do I survive this?

The phoenix has risen! I wish you lots of joy to come. Congrats! To be honest I don't think it's a bad thing to bring up as it demonstrates that there are always possibilities out there.

“The future is unwritten.”
― Joe Strummer

January 30, 2019 9:45 am  #292

Wow!! Congratulations!! I wish all of you the best.

Here's to a happy life together.

January 30, 2019 3:07 pm  #293

phoenix wrote:

A quick update.. 

I'm engaged.   [...] I know that reading this type of news isn't fun for people who are in a tough place.  I remember it well.. I hated seeing happy family news from others.   So i won't speak much about it, except to remind people that there is a chance to be happy again in the future. 

Phoenix, not at all!  I am in the very heart of the worst of the tough place right now (slogging through divorce, still living together, no clue what my future life will look like) and this post was a breath of fresh air.  I will absolutely drink a toast to you and your bride-to-be, just as soon as I can afford a proper bottle of champagne.

It might take a while, but still.

January 31, 2019 12:04 am  #294

Congratulations..God had you in the palm of his hand..

It goes to show there are normal kind people out there..  This I believe.  Kind folks here prove it.

It shows we are worth so much more ..that we really have so much strong fierce love to give.

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

January 31, 2019 12:11 am  #295

That s beautiful.  Thanks for sharing the news.  It actually gives me hope that joy is still possible.  I also think I will keep one thread just like you did so I can keep better track of my journey.  Wish you the very best.

January 31, 2019 9:39 am  #296

Thank you all so much!   I really appreciate your kind thoughts and well-wishes. 

This place made all the difference for me.  I'm not sure I would have made it through without the love of the people in this forum.  I certainly wouldn't have been able to process and heal and turn my life around into what it is today as quickly as I did.  

My goal is to do my part to help each of you heal and find your own joy in life. 

-Formerly "Lostdad" - I now embrace the username "phoenix" because my former life ended in flames, but my new life will be spectacular. 

January 31, 2019 9:41 am  #297

lolita17 wrote:

That s beautiful.  Thanks for sharing the news.  It actually gives me hope that joy is still possible.  I also think I will keep one thread just like you did so I can keep better track of my journey.  Wish you the very best.

I've loved keeping an online journal of my experience.  It helps me stay grounded and remember what I've been through and I hope it helps others see an example of what the healing process is like so that they find encouragement if they see similar signs in their own recovery. 

I think you should definitely do the same.  I'd love to read it and share in your journey in that way. 

-Formerly "Lostdad" - I now embrace the username "phoenix" because my former life ended in flames, but my new life will be spectacular. 

February 5, 2019 12:48 pm  #298

I am so very happy for you, Phoenix!  It truly brightened my day to hear that you have found happiness and are moving forward with your life in a positive way.  Congratulations, I wish you both the best in your new journey! 

Last edited by FML (February 5, 2019 12:49 pm)

February 5, 2019 1:33 pm  #299

Thank you so much FML. 

I wish I could share a taste of the future happiness that you all have in front of you..  just so you know in your heart that it will be there. 

BTW.. To anyone reading  -  that future happiness is NOT dependent on finding a partner.  In fact I'd tell anyone that finding a future partner is dependent upon finding happiness in yourself first. 

Board footera