OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 5, 2018 7:15 pm  #1

Rise -- Is anyone watching?

Since a few other shows have been discussed, I thought I'd mentioned this one.

I'm really enjoying it, and *** Don't read any further if you don't want to know anything that's happening*********

I first suspected the one man is GID a few weeks ago, and it looks like if wife suspects he is as well and she brought it up this past week. It will be interesting to see how much of a sub-plot it becomes and how they handle it.

Also, their son is discovering his own sexuality. I didn't like the female partner he hooked up with in an effort to prove to himself that he is straight. Unfortunately, it was probably an accurate portrayal. Fortunately though, it seems like the relationship didn't last long. 

Anyway, if you are watching, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Stay Strong.

May 6, 2018 12:16 am  #2

Re: Rise -- Is anyone watching?

I am watching.  I watch this, along with my teenaged children.  It's interesting to me that there have been a few shows & movies, lately, dealing with a straight spouse:  9-1-1, "Call Me by Your Name", "Grace and Frankie".  I am interested in watching how this GID (possibly) husband situation is handled.  So far, in all the other series, I have Not been impressed.  I'm hoping that this one, "Rise", will shed some light on this tragedy.  The story line about the son is interesting, too.

Board footera