OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 27, 2018 11:41 am  #1

SSN Podcast Announcement

Hey friends, I want to share this news with our group.  It's really exciting.   Also, I'm including a request to help us fund this project if anyone is inclined to make a donation (which can be completely anonymous).

After years of planning, we announce VOICES, the official Straight Spouse Network podcast!   
Now we have a new way to reach out to the thousands of straight spouses who look to us for support. Straight Spouse podcast host Kristin Kalbli interviews straight spouses who share their experiences with disclosure, mixed orientation marriage, closeted and in-denial spouses, having a transgender partner, divorce and parenting, homophobia, religious issues, cultural attitudes, grief and healing. The immediate feedback has been overwelmingly enthusiastic. Please listen in and let us know what you think. http://ssnvoices.libsyn.com/

We’re producing 2 shows per month. Each episode costs $250 for studio time, editing, hosting fees and promotion. We need an Angel to pledge $6,000 to underwrite the program for a year, or several underwriters pledging monthly donations.  We know some of you may want to remain anonymous, so when you make your gift, email steph@straightspouse.org and we’ll discuss how you want to be acknowledged. Thank you so much,

Stephanie M. Skylar

-Formerly "Lostdad" - I now embrace the username "phoenix" because my former life ended in flames, but my new life will be spectacular. 

April 27, 2018 12:28 pm  #2

Re: SSN Podcast Announcement

By the way..  I've been talking with Kristin and Stephanie and planning to be interviewed in an episode at some point in the future.  I intend to share how amazing this forum and group of people is and talk about our collective learning about how to survive the first stages of this process.  I'll be working on that "tool-kit" a bit more and trying to get that published and probably talk through much of that content in the podcast.   We'll see how that goes. 

-Formerly "Lostdad" - I now embrace the username "phoenix" because my former life ended in flames, but my new life will be spectacular. 

May 2, 2018 10:49 pm  #3

I listened to the latest podcast. Kristin interviewed Paul Nelson. 

Brilliant!

Last edited by Ellexoh_nz (May 2, 2018 10:49 pm)

KIA KAHA                       

May 3, 2018 8:08 am  #4

It's really great stuff.   Kristin is amazing and both Stephanie and Paul were fantastic interviewees. 

May 3, 2018 10:11 am  #5

This is fantastic! I can't wait to listen in. I think this is something that a lot and probably most people don't think about. They don't have any idea what we go through on a daily basis. 

“And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain, when you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.” ~ Haruki Murakami ~

Board footera