OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 1, 2018 4:17 am  #21

Re: 25 Years Of Marriage, 125 Days Of Crying

It’s great that you went, good for you!  Baby steps, keep doing things like this, some day you will feel ok again, I promise.

We’re all rooting for you.

May 1, 2018 10:02 am  #22

I didn't need that cry yesterday after all!

For the first time my head isn't preoccupied 24/7 thinking of him and wanting him to come home!!!  I've been reading the wealth of info I found on the Chump Lady sight.  She's got great links to pages of psychologists who talk about co-dependence, grief and abuse etc. and I'm learning.  Just like I read here, getting to know yourself and growing is an advantage of being alone.  Did I just say that?   I haven't cried since Friday! 

Sooo -  I actually answered a CL ad under Community.  He was looking to start a walking group so that he could be accountable for working out. He's 48, newly single and NOT looking to hookup.  It's a well populated pretty spot around a lake and it should be fun (hope I can keep up). 

THANK YOU FOR THE ENCOURAGEMENT !!   It's a nice break to feel like this.  Crossing my fingers that it lasts awhile.

WTF

May 1, 2018 12:12 pm  #23

Keep moving forward Kathy!   Build momentum and keep moving yourself forward.  Find yourself. 

Be aware that there will be setbacks, triggers and bad days.  But know that they are temporary and don't let them drag you down for very long. 

You've got this!

-Formerly "Lostdad" - I now embrace the username "phoenix" because my former life ended in flames, but my new life will be spectacular. 

Board footera