OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 14, 2018 9:57 am  #1

Talked to some married lesbians

Well,

Last night I was out on the town with some friends to a local beer fest.  There are about 5,000 tickets sold for the 2 day event.  It was fun!  All kinds of people were there, and of course I started to see lesbian couples.  Lots.  30-50 lesbians?  It doesn't bother me, but I can sure spot them.  Anyways, at the end of the night I am a little chatty, and just trying to be funny and chatting up some women.  I actually didn't clue in that 2 were gay at first, and then she introduced her wife! Just me with a group of 4 women, so just being there and chatting was brave enough for me to say the least.  I asked the one really open one if I could ask some questions as I told her my situation.  Her immediate response was that you must hate lesbians.  I said no and that I have no problem with it, and the conversation flowed quite well.  She knew since she was 1 years old, and her partner said she was bi, but more on the lesbian spectrum.  It was honestly a really interesting, open and honest conversation.  So interesting!  They just came up with the same conclusion as me.  The situation just kind of sucks!

April 14, 2018 1:47 pm  #2

Re: Talked to some married lesbians

Sorry,  I am not the best writer in the world.  I meant to say that my situation sucks, and well it does!!!!  Life goes on.  No choice at all!  The ball is rolling, and I am looking forward to the paperwork, the lawyer stuff and the nightmare to be over.  Sad.  Sad sums it up, but doing ok.  I have had a few women flirting with me, and I can honestly say it is unreal how much that helps you realize that there is a possibility in time that a straight woman will want to be with a faithful, loyal, loving man.   

April 14, 2018 3:51 pm  #3

hey Count, don't knock your writing - you do great!

and glad to hear some flirting is happening, feels good doesn't it.

so also glad to hear you are good at picking out the lesbians - I am great at picking gay men but lesbians I am not sure a lot of the time.

I used to think women being charming and chatty wanted to be friends but now I realise they're checking me out a lot of the time.

April 15, 2018 10:29 am  #4

Very eye opening.  The one really did fell bad about the whole thing with kids involved and so on.  One of the hardest parts is that I lost great in laws.  We went hunting and fishing, and had so many wonderful dinners and celebrations.  Their only grandkids will be from their gay daughter.  Strange!  As for the flirting I have this one lady texting me, but I do believe it is harmless, but I haven't been available if that is the right way to put it for 18 years!  I am a man too.  We pretty much need a written letter stating what a woman wants as we just don't pick up on the signs that well.  Funny hey?  At work.  Time to head out!

April 15, 2018 7:42 pm  #5

it's good to take your time - you might be surprised at how much better you understand women now than last time you were dating. 

April 15, 2018 9:04 pm  #6

Yes.  Taking my time.  I guess I am like most people.  It is nice to feel wanted or attractive to someone. Lots of steps and paperwork and life to happen before I look for someone.  Time for my kids, and myself to recover first. I understand that.  Spring is in the air.  The outdoor calls and the beauty of nature that slips by us as our ever relentless lives consume us is calling.  Time to appreciate life and this world again and not to be focused on a person that was never there, and never cared for me like I cared for her.  Simple.

April 16, 2018 7:57 am  #7

beautiful piece of writing, Count.  thanks.

Board footera