OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 10, 2018 5:53 pm  #1

okay then let's pray about it

I hear so much about praying. I think we should all pray that the truth come out for each of us so we can move on.
I will for all of you.

April 11, 2018 3:46 pm  #2

Re: okay then let's pray about it

If you need the warmth of a personal belief to give you strength then by all means...pray.

Talking , asking questions, delving into my own emotions and face-to-face interaction with trusted 
friends and family are my support. Tangible, visible proof that I'm being heard

KIA KAHA                       

April 11, 2018 7:38 pm  #3

Thank you awake!

I'm a big proponent of prayer for those who believe in God.  I won't force it on anyone else of course, but for those who believe, I strongly recommend finding comfort in this part of your life, and the church community around you. 

-Formerly "Lostdad" - I now embrace the username "phoenix" because my former life ended in flames, but my new life will be spectacular. 

April 11, 2018 10:27 pm  #4

Wondering,

Do not give up. We may not be able to see what God has planned. 
While I still don't see his whole plan for me I do see, now, he wanted to get me away from the horrible abuse and treatment.

I reccomend reading  the psalms while in this valley in your life. From your post perhaps start with psalm 22..why have you forsaken me.   
I found them a source of comfort..maybe not answers but certainly better and more truthful  words than one can expect from a disloyal and indifferent spouse.

A sincere ehug and prayer..

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

Board footera