OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 10, 2018 7:14 pm  #11

Re: Random Graffiti

Not one bit. 

I simply suspect at this point that 'kinsey 0' straight is statistically rare and that way more people are silently navigating SSA than I'd ever considered.

Case in point: SSN has under 800 registered members... Shyguy/shybi.com are each over 60k.

April 10, 2018 7:16 pm  #12

Paraceleus wrote:

This seems to have always been the best kept secret in the world...

Only when you're somebody who never thought it would be a factor in their life. 

Secrets are invariably ALWAYS a surprise

KIA KAHA                       

April 11, 2018 2:06 pm  #13

Okay I see your point Para.  Sorry I saw it the wrong way. I've seen that site you mentioned and then some pertaining to the Bi-male. I agree the 0 may be a rare thing in the Kinsey scale but was only using those numbers as an illustrattive gauge. I'm sure everyone at some point of their lives has had some form of SSA. But the majority of straights I know don't act or dwell on it to the point where it becomes a question. Young ones go through various sexual confusions through out life before they've even had a chance to have sex. Many by the time they've reached 16 have convinced themdelves they are gay then later changed that due to this confusion. Adults on the other hand should know and accept their chosen sexuality..
I really don't see how that can be so fn hard to figure out by the time marraige rolls around but I guess many are in denial and marry anyway. That's a hard spot and my heart goes out to those struggling with those issues.
My issue is with grown adult married men and women that selfishly start playing these kink games after they've committed themselves to families. The very ones they commit to are the ones they hurt the most as  they play games with their lives by putting their health in danger. I'm very fortunate my previous relationships with these types (and there's been a few) have been short instead of decades of marriage as others on here.  Thats the beauty of this site as it educates us on what to look for and how to avoid it in the future. The statistics on members vs the bi ones is truely sad. I guess it's not so secretive after all especially when there is an agenda being pushed for acceptance.
But for the ones having the wool pulled over their eyes and purposefully being kept in the dark while their mates embrace the agenda , it is the best kept secret indeed.

Life is like phases of the moon.... We really only see it when it's beautiful, full and in our face. 

April 11, 2018 2:28 pm  #14

Scrupulous wrote:

I'm sure everyone at some point of their lives has had some form of SSA.

Kinsey 0/straight doesn't. 

That is the essential point.

Last edited by Paraceleus (April 11, 2018 2:28 pm)

April 20, 2018 3:46 pm  #15

OMG this is giving me heart palpitations!  I can't believe what I'm reading here.  Is that what he did?  Keep me until I was no longer marketable??  I am sick to my stomach.  Last week I was begging him to come home.  WTF. I'm in hell.

WTF

April 21, 2018 12:53 pm  #16

Hi Kathy,

yes it is hell isn't it.  I am so sorry things are astray with your daughter.  Does she know her father is gay?

goodness poor Mr gay boy can't handle being with his wife because she's depressed.  it is so typical.  The excuse my ex gave for not having sex with me was because I cried.  I was always in trouble for being too emotional.  Actually I wasn't too emotional I just was't able to see how emotionally abusive he was to me. 

be kind to yourself at all times.  all the best, Lily

April 21, 2018 1:36 pm  #17

Paraceleus - Did you know that Alfred Kinsey was gay too?  I think if there is any merit in that Kinsey scale it is to describe the emotionality of gay men.  Some gay men just about vomit at the mere thought of having sex with a woman and some gay men can go ahead and do it, no problem.  But it is still men they are actually attracted to.

I'm not sure why Scrupulous says she is sure all straights experience SSA at some point.  I know I haven't and many people here have said the same.

I do not think being straight is statistically rare yet.  It's just that there's a lot more gay people than admit to it.  It used to be said 10% of the population is gay and now I think they say around 20%? but that doesn't account for all the gay in denial and gay in denial has to be a big percentage. 

April 21, 2018 3:01 pm  #18

lily wrote:

Paraceleus - Did you know that Alfred Kinsey was gay too?  

Yes.  Freud and Jung also wrote about their own experience of SSA.  All married. 

I'm aware that I in the minority here in considering the existance of a spectrum which does include 'bisexuality'.  I'd go further and also say there is a independent hetero-homo romanticism spectrum as well.  The 'Klein grid' somewhat explores this.

I'm not sure why Scrupulous says she is sure all straights experience SSA at some point.  I know I haven't and many people here have said the same.

In Kinsey terms, a difference between zero and one? 

I do not think being straight is statistically rare yet.  It's just that there's a lot more gay people than admit to it. 

I suspect there are a lot of people who are convinced they are 'Kinsey zeroes' because they never acted, only experienced fleeting SSA or it was in relation to a specific individual.  Thus - "the best kept secret in the world".

April 21, 2018 4:57 pm  #19

oh, I don't think you are in the minority here in believing in bisexuality, Para.  I believe I am in the minority for not believing in it.  I'm pretty sure I'm right tho.

I see it like switches.  a switch is either on or off.  well come to think of it I did have an oven switch that was neither on or off - but it didn't work at all.

lots of switches.  When the scientists started mapping the genome I heard it described that it was like starting a jigsaw puzzle.  Lots and lots and lots of little pieces but there are some pieces that stand out.  In a jigsaw it is the edges and the corners - get them done and you will fill in the picture eventually.  Similarly the big nexus bits stood out - like big red marbles amongst all the little ones, he said.  

When they proclaimed they had mapped the genome that is what they had done - got the corners and the edges joined up, or put all the big red marbles into place.  The other 97% of the genome was called junk dna.  An Australian attempted to patent junk dna.  Isn't that amazing he nearly got away with it and that would have been the bulk of our genome patented by one man.

So in my mind the picture I have built goes like this - sexual behaviours are a big cluster of little switches around a big switch and the big one is which sex are you attracted to.  Male or female.

My ex was attracted to men.  He acted manly but actually he had a female urge to submit to a man.  He had enough little switches going the other way to be able to act manly, including having sex but the big red switch is the female urge to submit to a man.  He is same sex attracted. 

I know what it's like to feel that urge to submit to one particular man.  It is the engine room of romance.

My ex acted manly but actually he was entirely 100% incapable of romantic love with me.  He only felt that way about a man.

April 22, 2018 10:05 am  #20

Can I chuck a curve ball in here? I dont think the Kinsey thing and all that matters a damn. Not to me anyway. My husband and I had what I considered a pretty good sex life-ha! So I thought. I think some men just like sex period and dont really care where they get it.
My point is though- we are here because of the deceit, the double lives, the hurt and the betrayal. Thats what counts.

Board footera